★ ★ Stock Up! Market ★ ★ 6th Annual this Sat Oct 19, 10am-1pm at the South Hall
Shop for winter storage crops directly from LOCAL farmers IN BULK to fill your pantry for the winter. Load up on local root veggies, squash, keeper fruits, meats, fish, preserves and pickles. Last market of the season! **Volunteers needed – please reply if you’re available. Vendors:
- Cable Bay Farm, Retreat Cove, with Galiano-grown red legion & ambition shallot braids and loose bulk garlic, butternut & spaghetti winter squashes and Italian sweet red & green peppers.
- Frozen wild Oceanwise Seafood from www.seafoodgaliano.com, with bulk smaller sockeye salmon (whole), sockeye fillets, cod & golden redfish fillets, Nova Scotia scallops, bacon-wrapped scallops, sashimi grade albacore tuna mini-steaks. Also, cold smoked: pre-sliced sockey lox gold boards, fillets & half fillets, local albacore tuna lox 1 lb gold boards.
- Clearsky Farms, Galiano, with garlic, winter squash, tomatillos, pears and apples.
- Country Wools and Lamb, Sidney, with lamb cuts and lamb sausage, home-grown free-range multi-coloured eggs, and squash. Whole lamb available: order through email@example.com
- Galiano Sunshine Farm with pumpkins, winter squash, heritage apples, beets, hot and sweet peppers, kale, chard, lettuce, mizuna, cabbage, and frozen batches of montmorency cherries and plums for making jam.
- Hollow Log Farm, Galiano, with potatoes, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, shallots, seasoned braising greens, beets.
- Donna Marben, Galiano, with preserves, dried fruit, and fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Valley Fold Farm, Galiano, with organically with organically grown, pasture-raised chickens (whole and halves, frozen) and garlic.
- Sit down for some hot food after you shop. Becky will have Becky will have hot Jamaican food for lunch.
Community Apple Squeeze
This year, thanks to a generous loan from Mayne Island, there will be an apple press available at the Stock Up Market. Please bring your apples , pears, and plums, as well as containers, to make your own apple juice. By donation.